St Stephen Protomartyr Ukrainian Catholic Church
St. Stephen Protomartyr Church is a vibrant, multi-ethnic parish in Calgary, which strives to be a place where we can encounter the Living Christ.
We are part of the Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Edmonton, which serves all people in Alberta.
Glory be to Jesus Christ! Glory be Forever!
Alberta is now in Stage 3 of the Open for Summer Plan, effective July 1st. All public health measures have been lifted except in specific settings.
- Although the number of faithful is not restricted within the church we are easing into opening up completely over the summer months. Every second pew will be open for the month of July and, God willing, we will be able to open up completely for the month of August and onward. The choir will continue with cantors until after summer.
- Registration for services is no longer required.
- With respect to face masks we must follow Mayor Nenshi’s Calgary restrictions, which may be different that the Provincial plan. Most recent… ”On June 21, 2021 Calgary City Council voted to extend the municipal bylaw in the short term but will revisit the COVID-19 outlook again on July 5, 2021 to determine whether the bylaw will be repealed”. Therefore face masks are required until July 5, and we will wait until the City gives their approvals after that. We look forward to congregational singing once the Calgary restrictions are lifted! When the restrictions are completely lifted face masks and hand sanitizer will be available in the church, but not mandatory.
- Single use spoons for Holy Communion distribution will continue until further notice.
- Usher / Cleaning volunteers are still required for ALL Divine Liturgies. We would appreciate any assistance that you are able to offer. Please join our volunteer crew by contacting our Liturgical Director, Len Beblow by email at email@example.com or the office by phone 403-249-4818.
2021 DIVINE LITURGIES
SUNDAYS: 8:30am Ukr / Eng Doors open 8:00—8:30am
10:30am English Doors open 10:00—10:30am
5:00 pm Liturgy Children choir- Doors open 4:30—5:00pm
WEEKDAY Divine Liturgies on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:00am, open in the church to a maximum of 50 people.